More Users 
View Thread
 Print Thread
Poll
shuff
#21 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 00:45

Pat Holtz wrote:
In my opinion, each player has their own choice to make whether they play in IM or any other tournament.

But for the good of the area, which includes the Supers teams and individual player progress then the more events players compete in the better they will get which in turn will improve the team..........I don't think anyone could argue against this.

I voted "yes" in the poll as I believe those who commit to tournament pool will improve their game and be sharper than those who don't.

George, it's a blinkered view if you think Freddy wants the numbers up for personal gain (ie so local seeds don't meet). He is trying to get as many players involved so they can improve and reach national finals.

I remember when you reached the top 16 and how great you were feeling about it but because you were shafted for an International spot does not make it ok to mock the IM for everyone else hoping to achieve personal goals.

If you want to get back at the SPA then the best thing to do is keep achieving good results then it will be very difficult for them to shun you.....to walk away is what they want you to do but you can rise above this and show them you won't.

Only my opinion.

As I've said before on the other thread, those who fail to enter will regret the decision next year.......you may be going through a tough patch at present but in a couple of weeks/months you could be flying and wanting to play in comps but that choice will gone for 12 months.

Think carefully......as I have felt the same myself before.

Well put..but remember pat..you too were shafted....scottish champion...top 4 in im rankings....and no seat on the plane to france.......i for one was persuaded by that to never try and Better myself in this mockery of a im system
Edited by shuff on 27-10-2010 00:48
TENERIFE -V- SCOTLAND 2015 07838446447

https://www.faceb...and?ref=hl

Pat Holtz
#22 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 01:00

George, the IM system is not the issue, you have that all wrong.

It is the ludicrous secretive International committee and their pyramid structure which I'm sure you have read about on the SPA site that is the problem......although not for those currently selected as they see it as fine.

You are mixing two issues up which are separate.

Freddy is trying to improve the area as a whole through more players competing and for 25 they get 5 events which is the best value events in the whole of Scotland.

Also to remember if they miss out 1year then their points are scrapped and they would have to start from scratch in the rankings again.

shuff
#23 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 01:14

Pat Holtz wrote:
George, the IM system is not the issue, you have that all wrong.

It is the ludicrous secretive International committee and their pyramid structure which I'm sure you have read about on the SPA site that is the problem......although not for those currently selected as they see it as fine.

You are mixing two issues up which are separate.

Freddy is trying to improve the area as a whole through more players competing and for 25 they get 5 events which is the best value events in the whole of Scotland.

Also to remember if they miss out 1year then their points are scrapped and they would have to start from scratch in the rankings again.
i hear and understand fully mate......but unless i win the scottish and reach top 4 in this S.P.A clique....i'll still only get to carry the teams cases to the airport to watch the plane take off to france ...so why bother.....i'll stick to my golf next year..thanks anyway
Edited by shuff on 27-10-2010 01:31

The Hurricane
#24 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 10:04

George, I remember when it was confirmed you had finished in the top 16 for the season, you were absolutely delighted and chuffed to bits.

You have the game to get back in the top 16 easily and i for one hope you re-consider because let's be honest here.....you are far too good a player not to play IM

Cool
Scotland B1 European Champions 2012, 2013

Scotland B Masters Champions 2009, 2010, 2011

Uddingston Super 15s Champions 2013, 2016

SPA Seniors Event 1 Champion

Uddingston Singles Champion 2009

#TeamUddingston

freddywilliams1888@gmail.com
BLEE
#25 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 14:19

Fred you should respect peoples decisions whether or not they want to take part in IM. fs mate, why you trying to drive it down peoples throats, its borderline harrassment tbh

its the players choice, you seem to be trying to dictate whats required to play for uddingston. why you taking this to heart?you on commission?

players will end up being put off playing.
barry the bee...Pfft

www.myspace.com/barryleemusic
jb
#26 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 14:34
Super Administrator

I suppose Fred just wants to be sure that no Uddingston player can say "Well, I wasn't asked".
It is largely a thankless task and that's before the qualifiers even start. Some people will never take part due to family or work commitments, but can manage 2 weekends per year, that's why I think the rule shouldnt apply.
But at the end of the day, Fred's just doing his best to get in the numbers, as any IM rep should be doing. It's a pisser when you miss out on an extra qualification spot because you were 1 entry short, so every name in the hat really counts.

BLEE
#27 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 14:54

At the end of the day JB its a pool league not a dictatorship, Freds doing a great job. But things are fine the way they are and uddy pool is on the up!!!! just dont take away peoples freedom to choose what they want to play in!
barry the bee...Pfft

www.myspace.com/barryleemusic
mriceman
#28 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 15:45

BLEE wrote:
At the end of the day JB its a pool league not a dictatorship, Freds doing a great job. But things are fine the way they are and uddy pool is on the up!!!! just dont take away peoples freedom to choose what they want to play in!

agreed m8
2007 scottish doubles champion
2014 uddingston doubles champion
2014 Motherwell doubles champion

Ubeentangoed
#29 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 19:17

Freddy is only tryin 2do better for uddy,which he donig a great job.no doubt there will b at least 3 people who turn round and say "i wish i had entered that i.m thingy". If any pool player in our league wants 2play in the uddy select team,then surely they should b tryin 2b better themselves and playin in the i.m.maybe they shouldnt b excluded if they dnt wanty play in the i.m,but it can only help if they do.

The Hurricane
#30 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 21:34

I am trying to look at the big picture here, I have also only gave my opinion on something.

The IM is the best Tournaments the country has to offer and MY OPINION on it is that if players do not want to enter these tournaments then why should they be selected to represent Uddingston at national finals?...

I just want as many players as possible to sample the IM finals because they are different class and the experience is valuable and will benefit the players in the long run.

Cool

#TeamUddingston

bomber
#31 Print Post
Posted on 27-10-2010 22:42

The Hurricane wrote:

The IM is the best Tournaments the country has to offer and MY OPINION on it is that if players do not want to enter these tournaments then why should they be selected to represent Uddingston at national finals?...

Fred, can you explain how restricting the criteria to IM players will benefit the SUPERS teams?
----------------------------------------------
It Never Gets Easier - U Just Get Better!

The Hurricane
#32 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 00:08

bomber wrote:
The Hurricane wrote:

Fred, can you explain how restricting the criteria to IM players will benefit the SUPERS teams?

In my opinion Bomber the experience all players would get from constant IM qualifying matches and possible IM finals appearances can only make them better players, do you not agree?

I have watched our area grow the past few seasons, yes Riley's have played a big part in that also with there 8ball tables but i honestly feel we can go that bit further.

of course players have freedom of choice but i personally feel that playing IM (which is the best series of pool in Scotland) cannot fail to make players that bit better and give them more experience...thus making our area stronger for national team events.

Cool

#TeamUddingston

bomber
#33 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 00:35

I agree that playing IM games will give players more experience and make them a better player.

But to restrict the SUPERS teams to IM only players is CRAZY.

How can UDDY compete in the latter stages of SUPERS events if the best players that are available at the time are not considered for selection?

It Never Gets Easier - U Just Get Better!

shuff
#34 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 07:35

bomber wrote:
I agree that playing IM games will give players more experience and make them a better player.

How can UDDY compete in the latter stages of SUPERS events if the best players that are available at the time are not considered for selection?

bomber , freddys confusing me here when he's quoting " freedom of choice " and then on the other hand he's telling us that if we don't join his IM and let's be truthful here it is beginning to feel like HIS im that you WON'T be allowed or be eligible to play in the supers, now that IS crazy Bomber ....contradicting himself again....Shock
Edited by shuff on 28-10-2010 07:45

The Hurricane
#35 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 08:42

shuffler wrote:
bomber wrote:

bomber , freddys confusing me here when he's quoting " freedom of choice " and then on the other hand he's telling us that if we don't join his IM and let's be truthful here it is beginning to feel like HIS im that you WON'T be allowed or be eligible to play in the supers, now that IS crazy Bomber ....contradicting himself again....Shock

George, i think it's pretty clear on here who comes on and talks pure rubbish mate constantly.....

Can you please quote from me where i have ever said it's "my IM"......so one minute your saying i do a job that nobody wants and the next you say i treat it like my IM, now who is contradicting himself eh?....i do not have a problem with passing the job over, you fancy it george?....Pfft

I have only gave an opinion on what i believe in the long run is the best way for our areas players to progress into better players, if you don't see that George then thats not my problem

Cool

#TeamUddingston

shuff
#36 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 10:38

Again I will say you are doing a job nobody wants and upto this fiasco of your suggestion of only I'm members you were.
.but if you have this suggestion upheld..it will leave. Uddy with fewer choices to select a supers team..
Are you suggesting that these non I.m members go play elsewhere. ?

The Hurricane
#37 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 12:45

Absolutely not George, why would anybody want our numbers to drop?

It would not leave us with less numbers if all players supported the area fully and entered the IM, coz lets face it George, with the entered numbers being linked to how many places you get i'm sure even you would not contest that if all players participate it gives us more spaces and in the long run it will give all players in general a better chance to gain more experience.

I do fully understand your IM situation George but i find it a bit strange that you do not see it also from where i'm looking at it from, which is for the good of the area and future development of players.

Cool

#TeamUddingston

shuff
#38 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 14:47

I do see were your coming from and how much work and efforts you have put in as our uddy rep

And as angus has correctly stated I've went far too far in trying to put across my point in a sarcastic way.

In which I apologise for. .

But my opinion won't change. This proposal will tear uddigston apart eventually. ..this proposal will I feel

rt.

shuff
#39 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 14:53

I feel will become an spa rule because they will benifit most by it. .but untill that happens i feel uddingston should respect freedom of choice

The Hurricane
#40 Print Post
Posted on 28-10-2010 15:30

shuff, if we all had the same opinions then life would be so boring, i could get your point if i had a hidden agenda but my whole outlook is (again my own opinion) how i think players can become better thus taking this forward to play team events and it giving Team Uddingston a better chance of success.

this thread has dragged on far too long now, lets agree to disagree shuff on this one

#TeamUddingston

Jump to Forum:
Next Meeting !
The Uddingston Pool League AGM meeting will be on Monday 12th August 2019, In The Ballroom, meeting will starting at 7pm. This is the last meeting, So all monies to be paid. Thanks. See yous all there.
Theme Switcher
Switch to:
Mobile Uddingston

This table can be viewed
on your mobile. Type...
upleague.scottishpool.net
/mobile.php

.....into your browser.
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· Site Calendar
· Login Issues